Normalcy

I am part of a generation that's lost. This weekend I had my friend from Pittsburgh housesit with me. Watched the house, and two Pittbulls. It was relaxing since I'm so used to fake personified New York women. There's something about girls raised in suburbs, in non-city environments that's soothing. I might know how to act, but I think New York just teaches you to act. There's a lot of people, many you don't wanna deal with and sometimes you just wanna put up face and not deal with it. There's horses of every type of person, so when you move on to a small town mindset, it throws you off. However, I was also raised on Namibia, which has taught me all about being genuine. True feelings flow like a leaky faucet. It's nice to have people see you for that.

My friend and I walked around the city from South Ferry to Madison Square Park. I shared experiences that I would never share with any of my other friends. We ended up at MSP and saw a concert at a festival going on there with a country artist named Lissie who had an amazing voice.. Went back home, had some wine and a night watching TV. It wasn't Catfish, but it was nice talking about people with her. I forgot some things that I used to talk about with people, bit she reminded me of days of my past.

I guess maybe I'm boring and normal, and all I've sought was to stand out but forgot who I really am. I've been struggling for a long time to realize who I am, and I guess this was a first step in finding out what I truly like, enjoy and want to experience. I am normal, dressed in black.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brave Old World

Nothing in the Past

Silence