New Years Eve

Let's drink until you cannot drink anymore.

I thought about it a few times, but I honestly cannot get myself to partake in such stupidity. What the hell am I to drink for? If I do not have a reason, then is it not pointless? I was invited to a New Year's party featuring old highschool mates, and first off, it's all the way out in the middle Queens and takes about an hour and a half to get there. Second, I do not have the desire to drink. Third, I have GMATs coming up soon and finally feeling comfortable and do not deal with a loss of flow at this point. Knowing me, if I go, I would get wasted. There are a few more reasons, but I can tell that already there is no point in me going because I have convinced myself not to go.

 I wish when I got that call from Alex, I had said no in the first place instead of suffering from that people pleasing episode. I do not have any desire to see any of those people. There's no thrill or excitement in that life anymore. Another test to pass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brave Old World

Nothing in the Past

Silence